Finalist in June/July 2008 Humorpress.com humor writing contest.
This blog is a collection of blogs and twitters from the secret underground celebrity internet. Sure, you've never heard of it because you're NOT a celebrity. Rest assured that these are totally real, although I do have to mention that they are actually fake, and this thing is 100% fiction, and that this entire blog is for entertainment purposes only.
Subscribe Via Email! Delivered by FeedBurner
Would you rather receive updates to this site as Email? Enter your email address above to have new content sent directly to your inbox

Friday, June 27, 2008

Open letter to Matthew Fox, from Gilligan

Open letter to Matthew Fox, from Gilligan.

Dear Matthew,

Thank you for your fast reply to my letter. However, I am fairly sure that you didn’t read it, since your only reply was a bunch of autographed memorabilia from your T.V. shows. I don’t know how much the "Party of Five" boardgame will come in handy, but these autographed LOST Kleenex (With real Matthew Fox tears!) will fetch a nice sum on Ebay.

That being said, I need to address the point of the matter. I do believe that you are infringing on my character of Gilligan from Gilligan’s Island. Your portrayal of the sad little sidekick-to-Sawyer is really starting to get close to the character I played on my show and as soon as I find a lawyer willing to take the lawsuit, I will sue you for it. I assume you must be making close to my salary by now, so if you enjoy that $32 dollars an episode you better cut it out!

You might assume that because your show is an hour long dramatic show, and mine was a 30 minute comedy that there is no way for this to take place, but allow me to cite specific examples:



See this dumfounded look here in your recent episode “There’s No Place Like Home”:



I perfected that look in the 1967 episode “The Hunter”:

While certainly the settings are similar, you’ll also notice that confused, dumb expression that is on my face. That took MONTHS of constant training, and you just rip it off with no remorse!

Also, you can see several instances of you using “stage crying” here:

I take GREAT offense to this. I cried a lot too on the set of Gilligan’s Island! Sure – most of it was off camera, but that’s just nit-picking. You are blatantly ripping my character off!

So Matthew, I hope you read this blog and understand that what you’re doing is wrong. Sure you might just be ignoring me because I’m “dead” and technically I am a “ghost”, but remember Elvis still makes more money than you do, so we’re not all just sitting on our hands on this side.

Anyway, I have to run. The coconut laptop is running out of juice, and I can’t find the Professor anywhere.

All my love,

The Ghost of Bob Denver!


No comments:

All articles are ©2008 by their respective authors; AJ, Jason Campbell, Gail Dull, Nathan V or R.M.Thompson